Friday, March 8, 2013

2013 Handbag Fave's

Hi there Bloglanders

You remember that I told you last year that I make a mini book to go into my handbag every year.  I just hate it when I meet up with a long lost friend and ask what his children / parents / pet looks like and out comes a mobile phone with pictures so small that I need glasses to see them.  Maybe I'm old fashioned but it doesn't do it for me!

Every year I choose my favorite pictures of my family, home and pets, print it and glue it onto 3x4 journaling cards. I think the cards I used this year is from Eco park.  Currently I love ice cream colors.  Here it is:


I've been doing this for the past 8 years. I started out with the Creative Memories mini, mini albums but switched to my current system 2 years ago.  I keep them all on my bedside table (actually, it is an antique dressing table with lots of nooks and crannies) and it looks like a miniature scrapbook gallery.  I love to look at them - you can't believe how the boys have changed over this period of time - well, actually they are 25 year old men now. And the pets I've loved and lost.  Great memories.

If you missed the one I did last year, you can check it out here. And for the lazy ones - this is it:


For the inside info, you have to click on the link! It will be worth your while as this has been my second favorite post over the year that I've been blogging.

Normally I have the cards laminated for protection and sturdiness - just a tip: If you want to laminate, don't use Tombow as the laminator (????) melts the glue.  I use a glue stick (Pritt) and you don't have to use a lot as the lamination keeps everything intact.

Well, that's it from me. Next week I'll be back at home and will be showing you some more of my projects. Have a great weekend. Thanks for visiting my blog and please check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment