Monday, March 4, 2013

Mini Book / Color Throwdown

Hi there Bloglanders

I've been busy in the office as it's the end of our financial year, my husband is making wine up the West coast and I have to do his part for house, family and business as well.  That didn't stop me to get some crafting fun done!

As it is summer in Sunny SA I couldn't help to take up the Color Throwdown challenge of the week - such nice and summery colors.  This is their mood board:


And this is what I made:


I just love covered notebooks - for myself as well as for pressies.  For this one I've used one with an index.  On my desk is at least 3 of them - I write everything down form what is stored in my garage to the numbers of my printer cartridges.  I don't think I'm organized BUT if I need something, at least I know where to look!

These books are cheap and when they are covered, they look very luxurious. Here you can see the inside:


I have used the Clear Cuts from Little Yellow Bicycle (hello Spring) as decorations.  I bought it as I want to make a mini album called SPRING.  In English spring is a season but in Afrikaans SPRING actually means "jump".  I plan to have every one of my family members (me included) jumping for a picture and that will go into my "Spring mini".  It does take time to get everyone to jump around here and therefore I couldn't resist diving into the stash for this project.

As always, I added my name and the date to the back:


The tag is from Jillibean Soup.

My pressie stash of books, tags and cards are growing by the week. By the time I get to Xmas there will be no rushing around for last minute purchases for me!

That's it from me. Please check back as I'll be sharing my sewing maxi book right here on my blog tomorrow.

Have a Marvellous Monday!


1 comment:

  1. Super cute notebook! Love the stitching! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete