Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Princess

Hallo Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Terrific Tuesday.  I am and as I've told you last week when I made the "Some Bunny Loves You" mini book / maxi card, it's girlfriend #1, the Princess's birthday today!  The funny thing about her is that her parents had a beach house only one street from ours.  Here is a picture of her:


And one of  Pieter - about the same age, same beach:


What's funny is that they've never known one another and went to different pre and primary schools. (400 kilometres apart) At 16 her parents sent her to the same school that Pieter attended at that time and they met.  I can still remember the day Pieter said to me "that's the new girl in class and I like her a lot".  They actually only started dating on a permanent basis a few years later and now, 7 years down the line, she is as much part of my family as girlfriend #2 and the boys. The girlfriends didn't get numbered according to my preference - if you wondered, I did it on age which means that girlfriend #2, Chandre's birthday is coming up soon. Enough about ages and dates. Here is the card that I made to accompany my pressie:


You all know that I just love cats and when I saw a card made with this stamp on Write.Click.Scrapbook, I immediately sent an email to ask where to get hold of one. I got the info immediately, ordered one and it arrived last week.  I'm not big on stamping but the quality of this stamp is amazing. My husband thought it was printed!! The stamp is from Catslife Press and the card where I first spotted it was from Christine Newman. If you want to have a look, just click here. Thanks Christine for sending me the necessary links so quickly.

The princess just loves pink and black and when I saw the color scheme from The Play Date Cafe, I just had to use it.  This is it:

And while everything was out, I went into factory mode:


Top right you can see the cats have been fuzzy cut and put onto pop dots. I just wanted to add a bit of texture as these will be used as tags.

And another one with a bit more coral:


Even on the inside is a kitty:


Not bad for one evening in front of the TV??


And packed to go to the princess or should I rather say "Fit for a Princess"?


And of course I had some mishaps while stamping. I call them my stray cats and they got pasted into my diary:

OK!!! I know you have to lie on your side in front of your computer to see this one but Blogger is ignoring my request to rotate it.  I'll do it in Photoshop and re post the picture.  So sorry but at least you got a chance to lie down a bit.

That's it from me.  I hope you enjoyed my cat cards.  Thanks for visiting my blog and please come back to play at Play as U Go.  Have a great day!










1 comment:

  1. omg you definitely went into 'factory mode'! what a great set of cards! i love that kitty image with some coral, so sweet. Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete