Sunday, February 22, 2015

Sunday Summery Week 8

Hello Bloglanders

I hope you had a wonderful weekend!! Wynand went on a business trip last week which left me with the office, house and boys. Pieter and his Princess are moving to Cape Town so - I HATE moving. The worst part is that everything they don't need, comes back home and I have to sort / store / re-purpose.

On 'n brighter note. I started this layout last year but only finished it today. Have you ever journalled before you do the embellishments. My 1st attempt:


































The paper is from Studio Calico, the die cuts from Wilna Furstenberg, the embellishments from American Crafts and my butterfly flair from A Flair for Buttons.  I'll be linking this project to the Paper Issues challenge It's Hip to be Square

Every month I sit down and journal about what is happening in our lives, our home, the business and other things of interest. I've never done one of these 4x4 Project Life pages but loved how it turned out!! I added the embellishments on top of the page protector. It's great if it slightly overlaps the pocket. Gives a bit of dimension and interest.

While Wynand was away, I worked day and night to finish our bedroom's blinds and curtains. Another project done:


The room looks bright, airy and the sunshine is streaming through the windows. I can keep the Roman blind open and close the see through curtains for privacy if needed. Next up, I'm going to do something about the courtyard in front of our bedroom. Watch this space!

My next project is the laundry room.  I started with some wall art. Maybe you can help me decide - coloured or chalkboard?

I made this project to link to the Craftaholics Anonymous Friday Link party.

Once again, mine is in Afrikaans, my home language and it says wash, dry, iron, fold and repeat.  I added laundry symbols to add interest and to make it different from all the versions I've seen on Pinterest. My inspiration actually came from a course I did @ Big Picture Classes where we had to use symbols on a layout. You can read all about my previous effort here.

And I had to send a card to my mum's friend who turned 80. I'm not a "cardie" but I do send handmade cards and use lots of tags on my pressies. Therefore, when everything is out, I do a few to clean up my desk and recycle some leftovers.  This one was left from this batch. I just added a card to the back of the tag, a sentiment and it was ready to be mailed off.


Busy week!! And my table is still full of projects. I'm slip covering a chair, we are going camping, Wynand has a "to do list" for "MOTLAPPER" (I've explained in this post who she is), Pieter's move is this weekend and they are moving into their first "own" home. The Princess has asked me to make her curtains - 32 metres of black velvet.  I'm off to have my eyes tested - all that BLACK!!

Well, I'll do ANYTHING for my children and how bad can black velvet curtains be??  I'll tell once it's done. Just keep checking back and all will be revealed here on Play as U Go.

That's it from Hamman HQ. Enjoy your week and have lots of FUN!




No comments:

Post a Comment