Monday, January 7, 2013

First Try @ Art Journaling

Hi there Bloglanders

Hope you are having a sunshine yellow Monday! Mine is a bit blue as Blogger decided that she doesn't want to load my project for today. If you want to blame someone - she's the one. In the end Windows explore just ignored me and I ended up using Google. Well, at least I got it done.

Now for the project: I always try to do something new. Not always successful but at least I keep the experience (and sometimes the goodies). Well, art journaling will be my 2013 attempt at trying something new.

I can't believe it but I really suck at this. After I've wasted about a whole block of water color paper (and they don't come cheap) I decided to copy something and then move forward. Not even the copy was up to my expectations!

So, I tried my own idea - AGAIN!


Still not the best attempt that I've seen but I'm going to live with it and keep trying - maybe it has to grow on you.  This effort will go on the first page of MY LIFE MY WAY 2013.  Perfect for IMPERFECT ME.

And it's going to The Play Date Cafe challenge of the week.  These are their colors:



My blue was a bit too blue but that's because I couldn't decide on what type of paint to use. First I tried watercolors and then ended up using fabric dye and wax crayons.  Please, if any of u Bloglanders knows about a great tutorial, let me know!! I've seen some but they only show how to do it and not what to use.  I don't want to go out and buy more stuff - want to use what is in my stash. 
  
That's it from me.  I'll be back tomorrow to share some more of my projects. Please come back to play.

Hazel
xXx

PS. For my non SA Bloglanders:
HOOP = HOPE
VREDE = PEACE
VREUGDE = JOY
LIEFDE = LOVE

4 comments:

  1. I came across your blog when I went to Play date cafe, and I just wanted to tell you that this project is beautiful. I realize you had a little trouble but by looking at it, you wouldnt know it, it is really nice. I love the result. I am trying to learn water coloring with water color pencils and a wet brush, so I don't know about regular watercolor paints. Keep on trying, you really are doing a nice job. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a great art page, i think the blue is great and the page is beautiful! I find a lot of great art journal inspiration through pinterest which will link to all sorts of beautiful blogs and sites. Thanks for joining us in the Play Date Cafe!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you had a rough time, but this is just stunning! I adore it! The colors are so bright and vibrant, and I love the layered butterflies. Gorgeous! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, it is FABULOUS! Don't be so hard on yourself! I haven't done art journalling yet, still want to start with it, but maybe you could find some tips from Teesha Moore, one of my favourite art journal artists. www.teeshamoore.com

    ReplyDelete