Tuesday, January 8, 2013

My Life My Way - In the Beginning

Hi there Bloglanders

After yesterday's struggle to get my project loaded, I sort of felt like just skipping it altogether today.  BUT then the courier delivered my brand new Project Life goodies and here I am to share what I've got.

First of all, I love the goodies and as my parents normally gives money to all their children and grandchildren for Xmas, I decided to use mine to get my hands on the Clementine range. I'm very into "citrussy" stuff. Just a warning - I'm NOT committing to a double page spread for every week - it will be MY LIFE ME WAY. I'll incorporate some art journaling, my normal 12x12 layouts and some smaller bits that I want to record over the year. You will still be seeing my junk journal as I find it the best way to file away brochures and info.

And this is it:

I love the album's colour as well as the journaling cards.  I still don't like the English titles and words as I try to journal in my home language, Afrikaans. Maybe I can give that to someone who would use it. We'll see. I also received a huge stack of Becky Higgins page protectors but they are all the same and you know IMPERFECT ME - I need variety! Well, I have different ones in my stash and filed them all in an old 12x12 album where they can be easily accessed.  I don't know if the file is just old but it keeps looking shabby so I came up with a plan:

A piece of underwear elastic (!!!!), a felt butterfly and a very pink button.  The picture on the cover of the file is of my husband and his sister taken many, many moons ago. I also sorted through my stash and got hold of some 6x6, 6x12, A5 and A4 page protectors - I'm going to use what I have and they are all filed away in my brand new, old "page protector file".

And the first thing in my 2013 MY LIFE MY WAY album:


I couldn't resist taking a pic to share with you. As I won't be doing a double page a week, I hope that the whole 2013 will fit into one album as I only bought one. Hopefully, I would be able to get another one if needed.

Well, that's it.  I'll be back to share my projects with you. Please come back to play.

Hazel
xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment