Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pressie for a cat

Hi there Bloglanders

In Sunny SA we have a project where you can give pressies to less privileged children. This year we can give to dogs and cats in a project called "Santa's Dog Box" and I decided to join in the fun. Of course I did a cat version - for my "once in a lifetime cat, Tossel" and my current "half-of-a-cat", PJ (AK Gabsie - don't ask!!! IMPERFECT ME). You still remember that I share a cat with my neighbor??

Well, I covered my box in white, added a red ribbon and then the cat die cuts. Silhouette - of course!!! This is it:

























I downloaded a free font called "cat silhouettes", typed it out in Silhouette Studio, resized here and there and cut it out of black cardstock. It will work even better if you do it in Vinyl but I hate to waste and that's where most gift wrap ends up so I used my black scraps and some good old glue.

For my fellow South Africans - here is the details if you want to join in the fun:



Inside my box is tinned cat food, cat nibbles, a few toys and some cash in an envelope. (suppose that will go towards veterinary costs). I'll show the envelope in another post. Once again, I recycled, reused and re purposed.

Thanks for visiting my blog today. Finally it's Friday. Kick up a notch and have a great weekend. See you soon.

Hazel

PS. I haven't forgotten about the craft fair pics that I promised.I'm working on a collage and will add that over the weekend. Please check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment