Thursday, November 7, 2013

Recycle your gift wrap

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Terrific Thursday!! I'm still in recycle mode and today I brought another of my ideas - gift wrap.  With all the holidays and festivities coming up you are sure to receive some well deserved pressies.  I always feel so bad if I look at the beautifully wrapped presents eagerly awaiting Santa's collection and then the pile of paper to be recycled afterwards. So I came up with a plastic tub to keep all my useable pieces together and this is what I did:























1. Use your Silhouette to cut a pillow box out of recycled packaging (the thickness of cardstock).
2. Glue a piece of gift wrap to the die cut.
3. Use scissors to cut around. Tip: Use your circle punch for the half circles - much neater.
4. Fold.
5. Glue
6. Decorate.



I have tried this the manual way as well -  glue the gift wrap to the cardstock and cut. However, the Silhouette way works better for me as all the folding lines are cut as dotted lines and therefore makes folding much easier.  I have not attempted cutting the gift wrap with my Silhouette as it's very thin and flimsy.  Once glued, I didn't want to go that route as I don't want my cutting blade clogged up with glue. My opinion!!

The pillow box on the right  is going to son #2 for his birthday next week.  Red is his favorite color and I liked the idea of adding just that little bit for a pop. Once again I added one of my mini, mini tags and his name. Easy as that! The one on the left is for my emergency stash. Nothing like packing when you have pre made goodies.

For those of you wondering ........................ I'm giving money. His girlfriend is flying out tomorrow to join him for the week and I thought the best idea would be to give something for them to have a special treat.

Big boys are rather easy to shop for!!. That's it from me. I hope you enjoyed my take on "recycle your gift wrap" and that you would keep it in mind when the festivities are over and you are stuck with the recycling.

Have a wonderful day and thanks for looking at my blog today.

Hazel




No comments:

Post a Comment