Thursday, November 28, 2013

Solar Jars for Christmas

Hallo Bloglanders

It is REALLY busy down under and I can't seem to get the time to get started on my Christmas prep. Normally I put everything up on December first but I'm not sure that I'll get there in  time. Lucky me got a Silhouette during the year so maybe we can speed things up.

This is what I did yesterday:


Jip, I'm still in Solar Jar mode.  I don't want to etch my jars as I would like to change them according to my decor. Remember my fall version??? Just click here for my most popular post.

This time round I used the "cut and lift" option to get a nativity scene cut onto vellum with my Silhouette.  Just insert it in the jar and ta-da ............................ done!! I also tried it on black cardstock ...........................


What I love about my project is that after Christmas I can take it out of the jar and use it in a layout or on cards. I kept all the die cut shapes and it will be used in my December Daily 2013.  Problems?  The only one I encountered was that the paper tends to curl back where you have big cut-outs.  Solution?  I did little cuts to my artwork to keep the shapes intact.

See the red polka dot arrow? That's where a small cut in my shape keeps the negative shape that I've used in place.

And these are the shapes that's left for my December Daily:


I just love, love, love the little shapes! Sorry about the quality of my pic but I took it on my Silhouette cutting mat before I peeled them off.

That's it - if it doesn't work, alter your shape! In Silhouette Studio it's easy and FUN.

Have a great day and thanks for looking at my blog today. Have a great Thursday and please check back as I have lots more to share right here.

Hazel



No comments:

Post a Comment