Sunday, October 12, 2014

Sunday Summary Week 41

Good morning Bloglanders

And a happy Sunday to you all!! Once again, it was a busy week at HQ Hamman. Wynand and I moved into our "new" bedroom and I'm still working on the decor. Once done, I'll give you a peek into "my" space.

I've worked on  a watercolour paint bag but will only be spilling the beans once it is live on the Craft Storage Ideas Blog. I totally love it and will share the "how to" right here on my blog. Check back on the 27th. (Just for my blog readers - I already used it here.)

I'm still doing Wilna's course over at Big Picture classes and this is my effort of the week:


































It's from the first week's classes - "grids" and you can see what the printable looked like "before" in my product list below.

I loved colouring it with watercolours - it's like wax crayons used to be when I was small - just better!! My effort is going into my "art journal". Sometimes I just feel a more artistic approach coming on and then my 8x8 purple journal comes out.

And I finished this layaout as well:

I used the grid cut file to make a stencil with my Silhouette and some stencil material, just painted in the blocks with acrylic paint and added some stamping and pictures left over from another project. I'm not even sure I'll be adding journaling as "there's no one like you" says it all.

What I love is that my stencil can be reused.  What an easy way to personalize a layout in no time at all!

Back to the sewing machine. Cara sent over a pic of her in THE red dress:
And I also have a pic of my furry friend, PJ soaking up the spring sun on our deck:


I've been inspired by the SimonSaysStamp Monday challenge to make some fall embellishments with my Silhouette. The prompt is "falling in love with ......................." and as it's Spring down under in Sunny SA, I decided to do embellishments. I've done them before and they have been SO great to have on hand to decorate presents, use on cards / layouts / mini books / project life that I'm doing a second take.


"Print and Cut" with your Silhouette, assemble with some pop dots in between for dimension and they are ready to go. I store mine on transparency sheets - makes them look "shop bought". GREAT presents and party favours.

That's it. Another week done and dusted.  I'm back to Wilna's art class .............................. Until we meet again, have fun and remember to try something new - TODAY!
Products used:



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout! Love the striking black with white touches. Beautiful dress too!
    Glad you could play along with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete