Thursday, October 9, 2014

Print, Paint and Cut with my Silhouette

Hello

I can't wait to show you what I've done!!! I've told you that I'm doing Wilna's Art and Design course over at Big Picture Classes. It is totally awesome. The only problem is that I can't keep up. Goodness, the amount of freebies, handouts and videos. I don't think it has ever been done before.

Unfortunately I've never tried my hand at painting before BUT I quickly adapted my strategy to print, paint and cut with my Silhouette. Let me show you my finished project:


































Just 3 steps:










1. Print on watercolour paper. Remember your registration marks!
2. Paint and let it dry.
3. Cut with your Silhouette.
4. Use in your projects.

Even mine looks like art!  I printed a stack and painted them over the weekend while camping. Now  I can just use it on layouts / Project Life / Cards.

And I;ve got another one to show:


































I even made my own title by writing the word with a big Koki pen on office paper (yes!!! My very own handwriting), scan, trace and lift in Silhouette studio, filled the word with black and used the offset function for the white border, print and cut and it's done.

Here you can see my finished "artwork" made with Wilna's ampersand cut file and coloured with my watercolours.


And a closer look at the die cuts:

That's it!! I'm off to look at another video and will be painting the evening away once I've decided what to try out next. I did learn something new today. There will always be a way to do something - you just have to find it!!

Have a Thunderous Thursday.


No comments:

Post a Comment