Friday, May 17, 2013

Mini Layout Jessy Baby

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you are rested and ready for the weekend.  Time to kick up your heels and have some fun!

Today I'm sharing a Mini Layout of the newest addition to our family - Jessy. Here she is:

First the story. My "blind side son" just loves dogs and when he came to live with us more than 12 years ago his first wish was to have a dog. So he got one - Skollie. (We are "cat people") Since he moved to another university at the beginning of this year, Skollie has been living with Wernich's girlfriend and I think it was he who got her through the loneliness of the past five months. So Chandre decided to get another dog and this is our new baby - Jessy. She is totally Cute, Wonderful, Little, The Sweetest thing and Delightful! Chandre works full time and on her way to work she drops off the dogs at our place for "daycare" and in the evening they get picked up again. Like real grandchildren - just "granddogs".

Now about my layout. Since starting Project Life, I try to make more mini layouts to use as "fillers", titles and / Journaling cards on my pages and this is one of them. It is actually very therapeutic as you can make a whole layout out of scraps and the process is much quicker (and cheaper). For this one I used a recipe from a JBS and MME:


1. Combine at least two MME products to create a unique handmade embellishment
2. Focus on the journaling in a creative way
3. Get painterly!

I made all my embellishments - the banner, the name - using a LOT of different products and ranges from MME - all scraps that would otherwise be wasted.

As my Mini Layout is only 6x4 I didn't have a lot of space for journaling but I think my twist on "the sweetest thing" might just work. I think it is very original how the "DELIGHTFUL"  covers up the "by Jen Allyson".

As for painterly - my canvas was a bit small and there were already a lot going on there so I just added a paint rub to the edges to give a bit of dimension.

Here you can see my Mini Layout in my PL album:
Yes!! I should figure out how to take pictures with page protectors on but you get the idea don't you?

Thanks for joining me on my blog today. Have a great weekend and please come back to play as I have a lot more of crafting fun to share right here.  I'm off to make some business cards - no custom printed cards for the world's biggest Hybrid crafter! Check back and all will be revealed. Have a Fabulous Friday!





1 comment:

  1. LOVE the idea of mini layouts in the pocket pages! this is great!

    ReplyDelete