Sunday, May 5, 2013

Repurposed Book

Good evening Bloglanders

It's Sunday evening in Sunny SA and I thought I'd give the week a head start by writing my blog post tonight. I do have lot of office work and I'm still trying to get my house sorted.  That's what this post is about: sorting ............. recycle, reuse and repurpose.

At school the boys used to get lots and lots of exercise books. You know, those cheap, floppy ones. Some of them ended up with only a few pages used and then I felt too bad to throw them away. So, this weekend I decided to do something useful with them.  I'm not a big fan of 8x12 notebooks - just too big for my bag, desk and storage space. So, I cut them down to 5 and a half x 11 and covered them.

This one is for my home renovation:

I used a sheet of adhesive fabric from years gone by, added a belly band made out of scraps of  fabric and the little "home" accent.  Here you can see how I cut the book to size with my paper cutter:



And the Velcro on the inside of the belly band and the back where I stitched through the whole book to keep it in place. 

Lately I've been thinking about buying a digital cutter but after this weekend I think I'll stick with my Bugs for a while longer. With the Cuttlebug and my stash of dies, I can convert the smallest scrap of  fabric or paper into embellishments for my projects. So, just to show you that I do love my Bug, I added two hearts and a real vintage clip. Yes, it actually comes from my father's office and I've kept it for years in my drawer.  IMPERFECT ME!


I recycled a whole stack of books and have covered some more of them. I'll show them to you once their titles have been added. Back to my Bug and dies. In the meantime, I'm already using my HOME notebook and its expanding day by day.  Mission accomplished!

That's it from me. I hope you all have a wonderful week.  Thanks for visiting my blog and please come back to play as I have lots more to share with you.





No comments:

Post a Comment