Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Another first for me

Hi there Bloglanders

I hope you are having a fabulous Tuesday!

By now you will know that I don't do cards but I try to make some for my stash to give as pressies or with pressies. Every time I look at the submissions on blogs I'm stunned at what can be achieved with stamps and coloring pens.

So, you also know that my son is an architect and uses these upmarket coloring pens.  As I already have them on hand, I decided to give them a go.  NO!  It didn't exactly work like that - when my cat died, I saw this marvellous stamp from MFT and ordered it ASAP.  Really not my kind of thing but I WANTED THE STAMP because it reminded me of my cat. And this is what I've done in honor of my cat:


I only used 4 colors - nude, black, grey and lilac.  I couldn't resist adding the red heart to the little girl's hair and darker grey stripes to the cat (Tossel looked like this). My effort will go to The Play Date Cafe challenge of the week.  This is the  inspiration:


You know I hate cards without family!  Here is the little sister:


This one looks a lot more dreamy and actually the only difference is the oval backing behind the little girl. Still, I loved the pic, the coloring-in was fun and I think I'll do it again.

That's it from me. Please check back to see what I've done with my creative mind and the little time I have for crafting. Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Awww, this is an adorable card! Thank you for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable card!!!1 Thanks for playing along with us at the PDCC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a darling card! Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete