Thursday, September 13, 2012

Tinned mini

Good morning Bloglanders

Nearly the end of the week!  It seems that everyone in Blogland made summer mini's so why not me?  The problem is - Sunny SA only have half their summer at the beginning of the year - the best part is still coming to us. So I decided to use the summer pic's that I have left over from other projects and add the rest of my memories when we've been there and done that.

This summer mini album fits into a tin on my fridge!! We don't get a lot of nice stuff down under but when I saw these magnetic tins from Making Memories, I just had to get some. They are very, very magnetic and I love them - I will share some more projects that I've made with these at a later stage.

Here is what my finished project looks like:

And this is what the mini looks like:

Sorry, I couldn't decide which way to turn it.  I have added a loop to the top as well as a "sun" trinket and some beads to the bottom - maybe I'll hang it on my porch in future. Still deciding on this.

And some close  up pic's:

I even made a belly band for the tin and then decided that I didn't like it. Here is the proof:

I have used my fave line of papers from My Mind's Eye - "Follow your heart". As their challenge this month is for summer pic's I'll be adding my tinned mini to their challenge. Here is a link if you want to check out the  other entries.

I love to look at my mini book every time I open my fridge.  At this stage my front page is of my hubby helping my nephew fly his kite.  What I love about this is that I will be changing my front page every day / week or month.

Have a great day! Please come back to play.
Hazel




1 comment: