Friday, September 14, 2012

Card of the week

Hallo Bloglanders

It's Friday and more time for fun!  I have a lot going on and can't wait to get started.  First up is the cards that I've made for my Christmas stash.  I try to make a set each week and this will then be packed into embellished tins for gifts. I give small handmade presents to all my friends, family, neighbours and colleagues. 

Here it is:

And my inspiration came from CPS-Card Sketches:


And you know how I feel about cards without family so I made siblings:



I wanted to try out these "dimensional  balls" for ages and I love the effect - think I might try it out on my Christmas tags as well. I have used Bo Bunny's Country Garden Collection as I had a 6x6 paper pad in my stash.  I only used 3 sheets (6x6) and have enough left to do another card.

At the beginning of this year I set these weekly goals for myself  and it actually works very well - I have done most of my Christmas pressies as well as a huge stash that I can use in cases of emergency. No rushing around for gifts, wrapping paper and cards any more.

I plan to start doing one quilt block per week as well as I have to re-do my bedroom and would love a handmade quilt on the bed.  At this stage I'm only thinking about the color scheme and looking for patterns to try out.

Well, that's it from me for today.  Please come back to play as I'll be sharing my projects with you right here on Play as U Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment