Friday, September 7, 2012

Activity book

Good morning Bloglanders

Today I've got a very old project to share with you.  My son is 25 years old and I did this for Xmas when he was 4.  When I sorted out my bookcases this week, I stumbled upon this book and it made me smile when I remembered him learning and playing with this activity book.

The front:
And the inside pages:
This is how to do it:
Cut all the shapes out of felt / fabric.
Sew felt onto squares of scrap fabric.
Add the fasteners to each "page".
Sew 2 pages together.
I used iron-on batting on one side of each page.
Pin two pages together, right sides inside.
Sew around leaving an opening to turn out.
Turn out and topstitch.
Stitch book together down the middle.

For the front I just cut shapes of fabric, folded it in and sewed it onto the cover.  I love the one with the journaling - a special Xmas message to my son and a date!!

I actually made this X6 - one for Pieter and 5 for the other children at his "day mom". I wonder if any of them still have theirs. Maybe I should do some for my etsy shop.

Now, that's it from me. Have a great weekend and please come back to play as I'll be sharing some more creative fun right here.





No comments:

Post a Comment