Monday, September 10, 2012

Storage crate covers

Good afternoon to all of you hopping around Blogland

I hope you are having a wonderful Monday.  I have a lot of projects happening at the same time - so glad I don't have children to pick up / drop off anymore.  I can just see myself  forgetting someone somewhere and me feeling like the worst mum on earth.

This is what I've done over the weekend:


I don't know how you store your left over scrap paper but for me the easiest is in a wooden crate.  It's heavy and won't fall over.  I have 17 pockets one each for single colors and one each for patterned paper. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Naturals, White and black and grey are kept together (really don't know why) and one extra for paper that has a mix of colors. You see, I have a BSc degree - that's about all I can remember from way back at university - the colors of the rainbow!!!

New stock goes into another crate by manufacturer. Not that I do pages by manufacturer BUT I tend to remember who has what range and mix and match them into a "kit" before I start on a project. Another crate for stickers and letters.

You get my drift?  I have a lot of crates, my craft room is smaller than my bathroom and I do a lot of sewing as well.  So I covered the crates with fabric and added pockets to the outside.  It makes a HUGE difference!  It feels like 4 extra storage pockets added to every crate I own. See what I mean?


I used sheeting for the inside and scraps of blue, white and cream for the pockets.  It really is a bargain - lots of extra storage space by recycling scraps of fabric.

Now for the next project!  Please come back to play and I'll share more of my ideas with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment