Monday, August 5, 2013

Friends Mini Book

Good morning Bloglanders

Over the weekend I sorted through some of my mini books from the past. Actually, I made a voucher book for my husband for his previous birthday and he actually wanted to use them and couldn't find it.  Now he blames me for "stealing" it back!!! But, I'm sad to say, I did put an expiry date on all the vouchers and therefore, "if you snooze, you lose BIG TIME!".  Anyway, I came upon this mini book and out came my camera.

It's Afrikaans (My Maats) and means "my friends" .  I hosted a 7th birthday party for my friend's DD - Alexa and all her guests had to make mini books with pictures of their friends. Don't you think it would be fun if you are 50 years old and you can still look at pictures of your friends when you were 7?  

I'm sure it will be as I made this a year ago and it was fun when I looked at mine. Here is one of the inside pages:

We recycled office paper for the pages and used scraps for the embellishments. I stitched through the pages to keep them together, rounded the corners and the BIGGEST fun for them was the twine with the little stars for the back of the book. (See picture 1)

I even added a little glassine bag to the back to keep all their goodies together:

It was fun, kept them busy for a whole afternoon and as I said - a wonderful souvenir. Best part was that we didn't even need goody bags as this was more than enough to take with.  

That's it!  I'm going back to looking for that stolen voucher book - maybe there will be more gems lurking in my archives. Tell you all about it tomorrow!  Thanks for looking at my blog today and please come back to play.




No comments:

Post a Comment