Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Playing games

Hallo Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Wacky Wednesday!!  It is very, very wet and cold in Sunny SA and I love every minute of it - boots, scarves, soup and lots and lots of fluffy blankets.  Do you still remember that I went on a loooooooooong holiday a while back?  I always make lists and one of the things on my "to do list" is to make some games to play in the car.

We used to have some when Pieter was little and still traveling with us but I can't even remember what happened to them.  So, I decided to do my very own.  Yes, they will be originals - given as pressies to family and friends. (and those grandchildren I'm going to have!!)

I'm here to show my first attempt:
It will work like "I spy with my little eye" - this one will be for numbers.  If you see a sign with a number first, you can put those circles on your board. Each player will have a board and numbers 1-9. Like "1-stop-shop". You can use the "1". First one with a full board wins and if only one plays - when your board is full, you get a treat! Makes me want to travel.

How did I do it?  I used my silhouette to "print and cut" and this time I didn't use any graphics except the font.  I did all the squares and circles on my own and even filled them with ice cream colors of my choice. Just shows that you don't need to buy a lot of cutting files - even a dummy like me got the hang of it.

Everything was printed on Silhouette magnetic sheets and cut.  This will make it perfect for travelling as the numbers stick to the boards.  And this is how they are stored:

I repurposed an old tin. What makes it great is that all the magnetic elements stick to the metal tin. When I add more games to my range, I'll punch holes and keep them together with a binder ring. Everything can fit into the tin and stay in the seat cover pockets of our car.

I'm off to do another game.  Thanks for playing with me.  Please check back as I have lots and lots more to share with you right here.  Have a great day!

Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment