Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Viewfinder

Good morning Bloglanders

Here I am in my last year of being 21 (Hie hie hie!!!) - it was time for me to make a few resolutions for the new year.

If I buy something - I'm going to use it!!! My fave examples is magazines - if I buy one, I find something that I can use - inspiration, a recipe, a pattern - anything!! When I do, I write it on the cover of the magazine - this way I know exactly which ones gives me value for money.  And if there is nothing on the cover - I stop buying that one. I'll apply the same principle to my craft stash from now on.

I still had some shop credit left on my Silhouette account and as I wanted to try out the "no cut" option, I bought a retro viewfinder cutting file.  You can hop over to the Silhouette blog and have a look at the original post. Just click here. This is what my version looks like:
And IMPERFECT ME decided that I'm good enough to alter the template. First of all I copied the template with the cut-outs and inserted the pictures of my cat - 14 of them.  Then I did the "no cut" option and moved the outline cut line back over my back piece.  (not sure about the words in this sentence but I think you will understand what I mean) The front stayed exactly as it is as I didn't want to print on it - I wanted some dimension on my title and added it afterwords with thick die cut letters.  Then I did "print and cut".  As easy as that.

Here you can see my work in progress:
My front disc is on top of my PL page protector - with a brad keeping all the layers intact.
And filed away in my PL album with the rest of my 2013 memories:
This would be great to use on a card as well - I'm off to try my hand at a mini version for a 5 year old's birthday. Thanks for looking at my blog and please come back as I have lots more to share with you. Have a Wacky Wednesday.

Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment