Thursday, August 22, 2013

Vintage Napkins with my Silhouette

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you are well.  I've been sorting through my fabric stash and you wouldn't believe how many scraps I have.  The plan is to convert them all into usable objects and at this stage of my life I don't think I have the energy to do a quilt so I'm opting for smaller projects. First up: Napkins.
























I have sorted everything into stacks that goes together. Like this:


My vintage stack. You will see that not everything is "vintagy" but I think the overall effect will be.  I'll be "mix and matching" them to get a set of about 6 napkins. For the first one I used two fabric hearts that I've cut with my Silhouette and stitched with embroidery thread ex my grandmother - she died more than 20 years ago!! The fabric cutting was easy - I used a 6x4 piece of fabric adhered to the Silhouette mat and even though I thought HETTE might eat my fabric, everything went without a hitch. Can't believe how easy it was.

And the finished product:


I'll be doing some extra napkin sets as this would make great gifts and I might even sell some in my Etsy shop. That's it from me. I'm off to have some pictures printed for my PL album.  Thanks for visiting my blog today and please come back to play as I have lots more to share.

Have a great day!
Hazel



No comments:

Post a Comment