Friday, November 15, 2013

Merry Christmas for Girls and Boys

Hi there Bloglanders

Just a quick post before you and I head off to a Wonderful Weekend.  Yes!!! I've started on my Christmas pressies and these are what's going to the little nephews and nieces: Cappuccino 4 one:


What makes this idea wonderful is that you can use the same idea for girls AND boys. I just tone down the decorations a bit for the boys.  I've used this idea before as gifts with cappuccino cups or coffee mugs.Check it out here and here. This time round I went with the current flavor of the month - JARS.  In Sunny SA - EVERYTHING gets packed in jars from fresh summer salads to puddings and stationary.  My jar is from Weck - what makes it wonderful is that it has a rubber seal on the lid and clips to hold everything in place. Also, no screw-on neck which means that you can drink / eat directly from the jar!  Did you know that there is a whole blog full of crafts with jars??? Well, there is and you won't be disappointed if you hop over and see for yourself. Just click here.

Wanna know what's inside my jar?

A single serving Cappuccino, marshmallows, an Oreo cookie and a teaspoon. I've done this with Hot Chocolate and even with instant soup and croutons.  Can't decide which one was more popular!

For embellishments I used a free cutting file from the Silhouette blog and as I said ........................ I did boy AND girl versions.  


I actually did a whole stack - this will be great to add to any Christmas pressies or even to envelopes, mini books, layouts and Christmas crackers.  I did use the offset function for my cutting line as I love having white around my titles - just makes it pop. Better even, I got all these holes in the die cut - no punching, just tread your twine or ribbon through.

OK, my quick post did turn into a rather long one - you never know with IMPERFECT ME.  Have a GREAT weekend and please come back to play as I have lots and lots and lots more to share right here.

Hazel

PS.  Did you spot my spelling mistake?? Well .............................. IMPERFECT ME!!




No comments:

Post a Comment