Thursday, January 30, 2014

Drawstring Bags Many, Many Ways.

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you are having a wonderful Thursday!! It is very, very hot down under in Sunny SA but if I look at all the snow the USA is having, I can't help a few shivers.  For those of you over in snowy USA - hang in there, keep warm and stay safe.

Today I'm doing the first in a series of  "Decorating Drawstring Bags".  I had to help a class of children do some Valentine's gifts and decided to recycle all my cotton scraps into drawstring bags for them to use to pack their projects. Of course, we decorated the bags!  I'll be showing some of our projects and if you can come up with more, we would love to hear about it. Next class we will try it out.

And this is the stash that the IMPERFECT factory made:

























I think I have figured out a quick way to make them and will be sharing that in a later post (IMPERFECT ME still have to take pic's).  So, first up is a bag decorated with fabric paint.


















I did the letters from scraps of Vinyl with my Silhouette and the girls just had to paint the open spaces.  I know the whole Blogland is buzzing about the new stencil material coming to Silhouette shortly but we, down under in Sunny SA will probable be getting it after CHA 2015.  In the meantime, I use the regular Vinyl and I DO reuse it.  I keep it on pieces of waxy paper in an office folder (the wax paper comes from the inside of the heat transfer rolls).  Here is a bit of  WIP info:













These letters have been used by 9 little girls and I think it's still ready to go for my own attempt at stenciling with Vinyl. We only used 2 colors of  fabric paint. Pink first and then adding more white to get the lighter shades.  I think you save on paint and mess that way and which little girl wouldn't like to have an all pink drawstring bag to give away? (I think they are keeping these!)  OH, and remember to put something inside the bag when you paint otherwise it will seep through.

That's it. My first way to decorate an ordinary drawstring bag. Thanks for looking at my blog today. Please check back as I have lots more to share right here.

Have a great day!
Hazel

No comments:

Post a Comment