Thursday, January 16, 2014

Try Something New: Digi Stamps

Good morning Bloglanders

I hope you are well.  I've got a hectic day ahead and want to share what I did yesterday before things heat up. (work as well as Sunny SA).

After comments on my posts from fellow South Africans, I hopped upon digi stamps from Digistamps4Joy's Christmas challenge. In January????? Yes, and what a GREAT idea. They post a free digi stamp and once you link up your effort, you receive the next month's image free. By December you will have 12 cards ready to send.

I don't use a lot of cards - I'll rather write a letter or use a tag.  So, I adapted my digi stamp.  Also, I decided to use my Silhouette to color and cut. And here it is:



I plan to make 8 of each and them give them away in sets of 12 to family and friends at the beginning of December.  That would make life a lot less complicated - tags sorted before you even start your Christmas shopping.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to try new things - well, digi stamps got that one covered for me!  If any of you would like to have my Silhouette cutting and coloring file, let me know and I'll gladly share. It looks like this:



The best part is that the work is done and should I need more images, it will only be a matter of  "print and cut" with my Silhouette.

And my "Work in Progress" pic for those who want the inside info:



That's it. I'm off to try something new ................................... watch this space.  Thanks for visiting my blog and have a Thunderous Thursday!

Hazel



1 comment:

  1. Hazel this is a wonderful Christmas creations with great details. Such a wonderful idea to create a set of tags. Thanks so much for sharing the how too. Thank you for taking the time to use this month’s free Christmas image. You have automatically qualified to receive next month’s Christmas image for free, which will be emailed to you at the beginning of February.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Digistamps4Joy Christmas Challenge Co-ordinator}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete