Tuesday, January 21, 2014

New Year's Resolutions Jar

Hallo Bloglanders

I hope you are having a Thunderous Thursday.  It's very, very busy down here in Sunny SA. Schools and universities are starting and the to-do-lists just never stop!!  Besides all this, I'm still trying to stick to my new year's resolutions and this is what I made to help:














I never put something like "lose weight" or "exercise more" on my list but as my son is getting married in August I decided to break that rule. I didn't specify what I wanted to do but added "spend time and effort on yourself" to my list. I urgently need to alter my lifestyle to be healthier and more active so I joined Weight Watchers and now I'm counting points.  You thought the beads are my points?????? If so, the left one would be the points used and the right one for those up for grabs but NO!!! You are wrong - I have added one bead to the jar for every kilo I need to lose and as you can see on the right, I've already lost 4!! Let's not dwell on those still in the 2GO jar.

Once again I've used my solar jars as they were already out and in use. I used my Silhouette to cut the  "2GO" and "done", added a ribbon and some twine and the project was done. Here is a close-up:


















FYI: I never start a project on a Monday or on the 1st of January - too much pressure for IMPERFECT ME. I'm motivated by colour and textures and therefore I think this Resolutions Jar will just be the thing to get me to my goal.

That's it. I'm off to have some more crafting fun.

Thanks for looking at my blog and have a great day.

Hazel

PS. These will also be my "before" pictures - something I don't do either but got as part of my project. See what I mean??

No comments:

Post a Comment