Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's a Brand New Year

Hallo Bloglanders

It's a Terrific Tuesday in Sunny SA and I'm on my way out to work in my garden. Maybe I should take my camera with and share a bit ............................. watch this space!

I follow about 5 blogs on a daily basis - on of them - the Silhouette Blog.  The reason??? I got a Silhouette for my birthday and decided to follow along to make sure I get to know my machine without spending money on training.  It works ................... I love my Silhouette and I can't believe how easy it is. Do you know that we will be getting "cut able" Washi from them?  I can't wait!

I did this page with my New Years resolutions for my brand, spanking, new 2014 Project Life Album:



The inspiration came from 2 blogs. First up - Silhouette.  "Revisit an old project and create something new." This was my old project:
The second idea that I used is the My Mind's Eye challenge of the month. "14 things in 2014". So, I made a list of 14 things that I wish for myself for 2014 and ta-da .............................. layout done and dusted. I used paper and embellishments from the "My Girl" range. Just love the cheerful pink, blue and yellows.

I made the page and then added a chipboard bunting and some more dimension by cutting some of the words with my Silhouette and adhering them with foam pop dots.  Don't you love the "eet koek"? (= eat cake)
Now some inside info.  I normally only buy one sheet of cardstock from a specific range.  It keeps my hoarding habit in check.  Which means that I normally don't have enough paper for a project. So, I make plans to stretch my stash.  Here you can see how I cut the back of my cardstock away to re use.  I just glue a piece of recycled office paper over the back and it's done.
Unfortunately I only had small pieces left to cut my dimentional embellishments. Cutting small pieces with the Silhouette is fine but to cut and print - well, my 6x4 printer only prints half the image (????)  so I came up with plan B.  Works just as good if you glue your cardstock onto a piece of A4 recycled office paper and then the office printer does the trick.

That's it.  Enjoy the rest of your day and please check back as I have lots more to share with you.

Hazel



1 comment:

  1. Love that tip about using small pieces of paper - the left over bits drive me crazy as they are often too big to throw away but too small for the Silhouette. Thank you for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete