Friday, January 3, 2014

Princess Confetti

Hallo Bloglanders

And here we are!! A brand new year.  I wish for you all the best but above that to have FUN .............. may 2014 be your best year EVER.

It's going to be hectic for me - especially August. I'm having a big birthday and less than a week later Pieter and the Princess are getting married.  For the first time in my life, I'm planning a birthday party and everything for the wedding is en route.  This brings me to today's post. The confetti for the wedding is going to be little hearts and crowns (for our very own Princess of Hearts) and I've started on the stash. Want an exclusive peek?








I couldn't decide if the heart should go on the back or the front of the twine. Maybe you can help by leaving me a comment ???????.

This is SO me - I have 7 bridesmaid's dresses and a wedding dress to make so I thought I'd do the confetti by punching out half a cut of shapes every day. At least that would get one of my "to do's" done by the end of February.

And this is my work in process pictures:








I'm using twine from The Twinery, the punches are from EK Success and the little glassine envelopes come from Monika's "I love it all" Etsy shop.

Lucky me have a friend with 3 crafty kids and they were all  issued with punches and old books to help. I call my friend Marelize the head of the confetti team - if you want to get something done, ask her and boy, can she mobilize those girls!!!

There you have it - "Princess  confetti" under-way!

Thanks for looking at my blog today.  Please check back and I'll share some more of my crafty projects. Have a Fab Friday!!

Hazel

PS. Just remembered - I'll have to make something for myself to wear to the wedding as well and oh, gosh, the birthday party  .......................... I'll think about it tomorrow.


2 comments:

  1. Oh wow Hazel, this is an awesome idea. I love the little creative bags you are putting the confetti in. A lot of work, but so worth it.
    {Would love you to visit my blog and join my 130,000 Page View Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
    Wishing you all the best that 2014 has to offer.
    Hugs
    Desíre
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Desire, I love your blog and have joined the Give-Away. I'm about to try out digi stamps ................... watch this space to see my twist on it!

    ReplyDelete