Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Hallo Kitty Cat

Hallo Bloglanders.

I hope you are having a Terrific Tuesday! I'm at the beach house - sitting in the sun, drinking wine and eating seafood.  What more can a girl wish for?

Today I want to share how I converted a stamp to a die cut for my Silhouette.  Yes!!! You heard correctly, I did it all by myself.  I don't want to repeat things but the Silhouette software are very, very user friendly. You don't have to spend time and money on lessons - once you get started, it's easy peasy.

Here you can see one of the Kitty's that hopped onto my diary:

What 2 do:

Stamp your images in black ink on white paper.
Scan it and open the scanned image in Silhouette.
All you have to do now is to "cut and detach" and your cat image starts floating around your page.
Now you can do the cutting lines.
I did it by outlining my cats but I also did the offset option.  This worked much better as the whiskers that are very thin, now cuts out much better.
I actually like the offset one more.
"Print and cut" and it's done.

Pic 1. Shows my stamp, 2. the printed page ex my office printer. 3. the cut images ex my Silhouette and 4. the cut-outs done on the "offset" lines. My pictures are not the best but I used my iPhone - my real camera stayed at home.

Now I have Kitty Cats to use all over my cards, Project Life and layouts.

Thanks for looking at my blog today.  I'm off to have that glass of white wine on the "stoep"(non SA Bloglanders = sort of a porch) . Nothing like a bit of West Coast sun! Enjoy your day.

Hazel




No comments:

Post a Comment