Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Working with scraps.

Hallo Bloglanders.

A few weeks ago I told you that I'm sorting through my scrap stash to convert it into more manageable piles. Well, it's done.  This is how it works.  I keep all my scraps in a wooden crate on one of my "crates converted to trolleys" and once a year I sort everything. These are my "before" and "after" pics:









On the left: all the scraps in the wooden crate and on the right: neatly sorted into plastic tubs that fit into each other.  I'll be doing labels but that's a project for another day. Watch this space! When the tubs are apart, they look like this:













6 Tubs: Top from left to right:
1. I keep all 6x6, 6x4 and 3x4 pieces as they are as I use them for mini books and to cut with my Silhouette.
2. I love negative shapes and keep all the usable ones.
3. Pieces that can be used for tabs, shapes, or negative shapes. I cut them as needed / when I have time.
4. Strips: I cut them into boarders as needed.
Bottom from left to right:
5. Recycled gift wrap to be reincarnated in future packaging projects.
6. I  keep all white and cream apart from the rest - I like to stamp on a separate piece of paper, die cut and then use the sentiment.  The world's worst stamper - IMPERFECT ME!
And in the cupcake tin: all my most popular die cut shapes.  I use them all over the show - packaging, in my "smash" books, on Layouts, in my dairy.  They are like little gems to me.

And to prove my point: Washi party favors for my friends:













And in my diary:

That's it.  My stash sorted for another year.  I hope I've given you some ideas - the best is to do what suits your needs but my system works like a charm. Best part is that I always have goodies to give away as gifts and to pretty up a pressie.

Thanks for looking at my blog today. Please check back as I'll be sharing some more crafting fun right here. Have a wonderful day!

Hazel


No comments:

Post a Comment