Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Playing with recipes

Hi there bloglanders

I was supposed to share a mini book yesterday but a card got in the way.  So, without further ado I’ll show you the recipe book I made for a friend’s kitchen tea.  I thought it would be a great idea if all her friends brought along a tried and tested recipe to write in the book. I took a lot of pictures – ENJOY!




First up is the front of the book.  I did the layout in Photoshop, included the bride and groom’s initials and printed it onto photo paper. You will also notice the glare on my picture but this time its not due to my lack of photography skills – I put a sheet of transparency over the front and back covers as this little book will be used in a kitchen where it could get messy.


This is the first page. On the left I wrote a note to my friend on a Scrap RDV journaling card (freebie from here) and on the right is my Pinterest Risotto recipe. (Got it here)


The inside pages were copied double sided onto thick paper as this was the cheapest option. You will see at the bottom of each page that I included a space where my friend can write whose recipe it is as well as the date that she first made it. I love cookbooks with dates and notes – even the shop bought ones. There is also a space where she can rate every recipe with marks out of 10.


On the back page I included a dictionary description of the word “cook”.  ( Kook in Afrikaans) It seems that there is a lot more to cook than food! (In Afrikaans even your temper can reach boiling point!)

I hope you enjoyed the pictures.  If I can figure it out, I will post the artwork on my blog as freebies for you to use should you want to. BUT – I first have to figure it out!! Enjoy the rest of your day. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment